Hack Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For All Your Hacking Needs!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to get Someones ip!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KingXenon
#1 Owner!
KingXenon

Population : 5154
Fame : 0

How to get Someones ip! Empty
PostSubject: How to get Someones ip!   How to get Someones ip! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Quote :
The Many Ways Of Getting A Targets IP Address
By: Inject
This is a small tutorial I wrote for the basic newbie about the many ways of getting not only their own IP address, but someone else's as well.

I: What is an IP address?
A: How one obtains their own IP address
1: How to obtain own IP by command prompt
2: How to obtain own IP by internet

II: Different types of IP address
A: Dynamic
B: Static
C: How to tell the difference

III: Obtaining a targets IP address
A: Through e-mail
B: Through messenger service
1: Special AIM way
2: Rest of the messengar ways
C: IP of a website

I: An IP address (aka: Internet Protocol Address) is the unique address of a computer on a TCP/IP based network (like the Internet). It is in the format of a 32-bit numeric address written as four "eight octet" numbers seperated by periods (example: 192.168.0.1). Typically each number can be zero to 254. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IP_address.html).
A: The way one could obtain their own IP address is by doing one of the following things.
1: Connect to the internet and
Windows 95, 98 or ME; go to start > run > winipcfg
Windows NT, 2000 or XP; go to start > run > type in "cmd". Then when command prompt pops up type in ipconfig
linux; open a shell and type in "ifconfig"
2: If you want to get your own IP address an easier way, connect to the internet and open up IE (internet explorer, or your favorite browser). now go to www.whatismyip.com. However, in some circumstances this won't give you the correct IP address. For instance if you are using a Proxy server or if you are behind a router performing NAT(both of these technologies are beyond the scope of this tutorial).

II: There are basically two different ways to get an IP address, usually the way you get yours depends on your ISP and internet connection. These two types of IPs are "Dynamic" and "Static".
A: A dynamic IP address is an IP address that can change everytime you connect to your ISP, or at regular intervals chosen by your ISP. Typically dynamic IP addresses are assigned by a DHCP server. DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and DHCP servers are beyond the scope of this tutorial. The most important thing you need to know about DHCP assigned addresses is that they have the possibility to change, this is mostly dependent on your ISP.
B: A Static IP is the opposite of a dynamic IP, it does not change, hence the name "Static". Typically you are assigned an IP address by your ISP or network administrator.

III: The first thing one has to do before finding out ways to exploit their targets is to find out what their IP address is. This can be done in many ways, and I will name and describe four ways of doing this.

A: I would go through the trouble of explaining how to but there has already been a wonderfully made tutorial on getting a users IP address by sending them an email at http://www.kisp.org/thelibrary/tutor...ng/emailip.htm
B: There are a couple of different ways to get an IP address through messenger services like: AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or even chats.
1: If you are using AIM and want to get another users IP address you have to get the other person to direct connect with you. Typically you have to entice your target's so that they want to do this (read up on Social Engineering for good tips on how to entice unsuspecting users. For example you could tell them you have some cool pictures you want to show them. When they say they'd like to see the pictures you choose "People > Connect to Send IM Image" in the IM window. When you are directly connected go to start > run > command (or cmd for a Windows NT flavor machine) and type in "netstat -an". A list of IPs and Hostnames will come up, these are all the connections to your computer right now, whether it be a website, or that guy you are directly connected with. Now then, the default AIM direct connection port is 4443, when you type in netstat, look for the IP or Hostname with port 4443. This is the target's IP or hostname. If you don't see one on port 4443 just look for a port that is close to that. Or run netstat before you connect and then after you connect and the only additional IP address you see should be your target'ss (provided you're not surfing the web at that time).
C: There is another way you can get an IP address from a target, but this way you have to get the target to click on a link. First you have to set up a port watcher though, what this does is listen on a certain port for connections. You can get one at http://158inc.com/apzp/portwatcher11.zip . Now then, set it to listen on any port you want, and have someone connect to your IP address through the port you are listening on (example: Set it to listen on port 80 and send a link with http://you.rip.addr.ess. The port watcher will capture the IP address that connects through that port.
D: Another very simple way involves Social Engineering. If your target's isn't very smart you can just trick them into giving you their IP. Simply make up some phony story and tell them to go to www.whatismyip.com then just ask them to tell you what the number is. You could make up some story about a certain number being a "winner" and you want to know if they have a winning number or something similarly obsurd.
E: The fourth way to get an IP address I am going to talk about is getting the IP of a website. This way is very easy. Just go to start > run > command > and type in "ping www.thewebsite.com" and it will come back with the IP address.

I hope this tutorial helps a lot of you find out the IP address of yourself and a target, and gives you more knowledge most of all. And remember, don't do anything that I would do. -grins-
Enjoy..
~Inject
Back to top Go down
https://hackcastle.board-directory.net
elysian
Newb

Population : 5036
Fame : 3

PostSubject: Re: How to get Someones ip!   How to get Someones ip! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:59 am

nice tut x)
Back to top Go down
KingXenon
#1 Owner!
KingXenon

Population : 5154
Fame : 0

PostSubject: Re: How to get Someones ip!   How to get Someones ip! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks Alot!

( More Coming Soon )
Back to top Go down
https://hackcastle.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to get Someones ip!   How to get Someones ip! Empty

Back to top Go down

How to get Someones ip!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hack Castle :: Hacks, Exploits, and Various Discussions :: Beginner Hacking-